The Fast Logistics Group
Fast Logistics caters to the end to end logistics needs of customers from the point of origin to the point of destination. It provides a high level of service integration (Freight forwarding via Air/Land/Sea/LCL, Crossdocking, Customer Service, Courier Services, 3PL & 4PL Services, Fleet Management, Reverse Logistics, Supply Chain Consultancy, Warehouse Leasing, Warehouse Management, Toll Packing/Bundling, Custom Brokerage) to its multinational clientele, giving it a definite edge its competitors. Under the umbrella of Fast Logistics are FastCargo Logistics, Fast Services, Fast Toll Manufacturing, Fast Distribution and Fast Unimerchants.
HISTORY - The One Dream that Ignited The Growth of the Chiongbian Group
The Early Years
- The Chiongbian Group of Companies was born out of one man's dream: William L. Chiongbian, born on December 7, 1914, had one dream - to own a ship.
- William grew up helping his father in the copra trading, where he enjoyed working on board the ships.
- In his mid-20's, William chartered an outrigger and hopped the islands bartering currency, dried fish, sugar and cigarette.
- During WWII, William took part in Emergency War Missions, eventually taking key role in what would become the liberation of Negros.
- From the Outrigger, William moved up to perating a "Batil" and at war's end, on December 13, 1945, William L. Chiongbian Shipping was established with one ship, named MV Victoriano, after his father.
- Four years later in 1949, William incorporated his business, and a year later and with 15 ships, William was voted "Shipping Man of the Year."
HISTORY - The Legacy Continued
- William Lines continued to grow thereafter, and in 1966 his children led by Victor S. Chiongbian, who earlier assumed as Vice President in 1962, took over, allowing William to serve his home province as a Congressional Representative.
- Victor assumed as President to lead the company into fleet and territorial expansion and established leadership in the industry with a fully professionalized staff. In the two decades that followed, WLI rose to become the most profitable shipping company in the country.
- William Joseph Chiongbian II joined the company as Director and Marketing officer.
- WLI went IPO, with its third generation core of professional managers.
- In the merger with Aboitiz Shipping and Gothong Lines, WLI with majority shares became the surviving entity, consequenty re-named William, Gothong and Aboitiz (WG&A).
- Divestment from shipping to focus on the growth opportunities in logistics, warehousing, distribution, dealerships and realty.
HISTORY - FAST LOGISTICS GROUP
- Started as Cebu Dock Handlers Forwarding, Inc. as a hauling and trucking company to its parent company, William Lines, Inc.
- Incorporation of Fast Cargo Transport Corporation (FCTC), integrating forwarding and trucking services.
- Incorporation of Fast Services Corporation to engage in warehouse management.
- Establishment of the air parcel delivery express service under FastPak Global Express Corporation.
- Change of the business name of FCTC to Fastcargo Logistics Corporation (FLC).
- Start of the selling distribution business under Fast Distribution Corporation.
- Integration of the air forwarding and courier businesses of FastPak to Fastcargo Logistics Corporation
HISTORY - FAST LOGISTICS GROUP
- Started selling distribution in the island provinces of Leyte and Samar for Nestle - 3rd quarter of 2001.
- Expansion of Nestle distributorship business in Bohol province.
- Acquired the distributorship of Safi/Nutri-Asia in Negros, LeySam and Batangas.
- Pioneered in the split up project (pre-new DBM) for LeySam area: Calbayog, Tacloban & Baybay.
- Started implemention of Nestle's Distributor Business Model (FDC as pilot distributor). Fully implemented by Q2 of 2010(Tacloban, Borongan, Sogod, Ormoc, Bohol, Calbayog & Catarman).
- Awarded the Nestle distributorship business in SOCSKSARGEN (South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Saranggani, Gen. Santos) areas effective August 2010.